Flooring is an integral part of your house. The floors need to be of decent quality, so that they can last longer, because floors are not something you can change every now and again, so the choice of flooring matters a lot. The right floors will be easy to maintain, will be strong and durable and will tie the entire room together. Here is an in-depth comparison between solid wood flooring and laminate flooring. With this comparison, you will easily know which floor you want for your home and what type of floor is perfect for you.
Solid Wood Flooring
Solid wood flooring is just as the name suggests. It is a floor made entirely out of solid hardwood.
- The thickness of solid wood flooring slabs are about ¾ of an inch thick and they are nailed to the floorboards. To add an extra touch of shine, top coat, varnish and a protective sealant is also applied on the top, to ensure a lustrous shine and to enhance the appearance of the wood.
- Something about hardwood floors is very attractive, giving off a regal vibe. However, they need to be cleaned with care, as too much dampness can make the wood weak. This is why sealing the wood is extremely important, as it increases the shelf life of the floors.
- Solid wood also needs a lot of maintenance, as in periodical application of varnishes and polishes, but this is also deemed as an important step. So, if you are looking for solid hardwood floors, then you need to allocate a budget and maintenance time.
Laminate flooring is considered as a great option for people who want the look of expensive floors, but they also don’t want to spend the hefty amount of money on them either.
- Laminate floors are a series of wooden planks which are made up of plywood and fiber wood. They can be easily attached with glue to existing floorboards, which is why it can be installed by yourself and you don’t need a professional team.
- The appearance of laminate can be quite realistic but sometimes it can look fake. So, it is best to go for neutral colored options.
- As far as resistance is concerned, laminate floors are highly water and stain resistant, because the surface is not porous.
- It is a strong and durable option on budget, doesn’t need a lot to handle and it is super reasonable in price, so it is a win-win situation for a lot of people.
- A Healthy Diet for Your Cat March 25, 2021
- Online Trading Platform: The Basics You Need to Know February 26, 2021
- Choosing A Good Smart Desk For You February 25, 2021
- Xiaomi announces Redmi Note 9T for UK, bringing premium innovation and 5G speeds January 27, 2021
- Solid Wood Flooring Vs Laminate Flooring December 21, 2020
- Save On Water Bills September 24, 2020
- Could It Be Good To Become A Celebrity? July 15, 2020